par Josée-Ann Moisan | 26 September 2017 | Recreation, community life, healthy lifestyle and accessibility | Seniors
MOSAÏCANADA 150/GATINEAU 2017
A second chartered bus for the free outing organised for Saint-Lazare seniors this Monday, October 2nd, 2017
Do not miss this fabulous outing in great company!
Due to the popularity of this outing, organised as part of Saint-Lazare’s “Senior friendly Municipality action plan”, which aims at increasing senior participation, at countering their isolation and at facilitating their mobility, the City has chartered a 2nd bus!
Additional places are now open for this Monday, October 2nd and places are now opened to those aged 50 and up.
Let’s recall that admission to the exhibition is free and that the transportation by luxury coach is provided by the Town of Saint-Lazare.
REGISTRATION WILL NOW BE OPENED UNTIL THE BUS IS FULL:
Please contact Mr. Gilles Vallée at 450-424-1953
Here are the details again :
- WHEN: on Monday, October 2nd, 2017
- DEPARTURE FROM THE SAINT-LAZARE COMMUNITY CENTRE (1301, rue du Bois ) : 8:30 a.m. (thank you for arriving 15 minutes in advance)
- SELF (tour) VISIT : between 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- DEPARTURE FROM JACQUES-CARTIER PARK in Gatineau (for a return towards Saint-Lazare): at 4 p.m.
- ARRIVAL AT (return to) THE SAINT-LAZARE COMMUNITY CENTRE: around 6 p.m.
- There are no picnic areas and it is forbidden to bring your lunch onsite;
- Only beverages and meals are for sale on the site of Mosaicanada
- However, sandwiches, cakes and ice cream are for sale at Maison des auteurs, which is also located in Parc Jacques-Cartier, between the exhibition of Mosaicanada and the Ottawa river
- Numerous bars and restaurants are also available walking distance from Mosaicanada, in the lively city centre of Gatineau. You only have to follow the red line of the cultural trail, which begins at the exit of Mosaicanada
- Reduced mobility : the site is accessible for people with reduced mobility. Unfortunately, wheelchairs cannot be rented on site.
THUS PLAN TO BRING:
- Pocket money (If you still choose to bring your lunch – you will have to eat in the bus)
- Sunscreen (hat)
- Umbrella (in case of rain or full sun)
- Walking aids or wheelchair
- Dress accordingly and wear comfortable walking shoes
- Health insurance card and ID card
REGISTRATION BEFORE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH, 12 (NOON) WITH:
Mr. Gilles Vallée : 450-424-1953
SEATS ARE LIMITED. First come, first served!
It will be possible to be added to a waiting list in case of last minute cancellations.
This activity is made possible as part of Saint-Lazare’s “Senior friendly Municipality” action plan which aims, amongst other objectives, at increasing their participation, countering their isolation and facilitating their mobility.
Photo credit: Ville de Gatineau